The Production Manager will function as the department head for the area of Technical Theater. They will ensure the smooth running of productions from the development of the production concept through to closing night and strike and storage. This is a part-time position that reports to the Artistic Director. Compensation is $1,000/month.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Alex Levy, Artistic Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, designers and production supervisors, prepare crewing needs, technical needs etc for all productions and production activities undertaken by the Company.
- Effectively communicating and working closely with Designers and Directors to materialize their vision, within financial and scheduling constraints and available resources.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Hiring, training, and supervision of all technical department crews, including carpenters, electricians, scenic artists, audio engineers, stage managers and running crew.
- Schedule and supervise design and production meetings, load-ins, strike, build and special events
- Liaise with the Artistic Director and visiting directors to ascertain all technical and production needs for productions.
- Create and manage the production calendar
- Monitor all production and store expenditure, endeavoring to bring expenditure on or under budget and Artistic Director of any potential budget over-runs and remedial strategies.
- Manage technical drafting process including sourcing of theatre plans and ensuring accurate scenery construction, ground plans and lighting/sound plots are created as well as creating and maintaining accurate inventories of lighting, sound and other technical equipment.
- Attendance at all departmental, production meetings, technical rehearsals, and preview performances.
- Ensure distribution of all necessary information to production team throughout the process.
- Oversee the maintenance of the facilities including scene shop, costume shop, storage and all equipment.
- Evening and weekend hours as required
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time at the request of the Artistic Director